Thursday, June 17, 2010

Valerie's CQ block

I had a hard time stopping myself from working on this here block. So many of the same colours as I'm working with for my fairy blocks so I had LOTS of colours, charms, buttons, etc, etc out already. And then I had some new stuff come in!
Here we get a little closer to the work I did on this block :)
I started off with cross stitching the birdhouse motif with a little dragon fly above. Later I added the vine and leaves all around and attached the little purple flower motifs.
Then I used the beads of a new beaded trim and attached them across one of the patches.
Here I attached a cluster of buttons and beads... did a couple more seam treatments and added in some butterfly beads and then there's my FAVOURITE part...the fan motif which I then embellished with beads and sequin flowers. I love the way it came out soo much I redid it again on one of my fairy blocks. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment