Friday, October 28, 2011

Memorial Wall Hangings

This Christmas I'm making CQed wall hangings... using the clothes that were my grandmother's and some printed pictures of her I've created 3 blocks.


I've then embellished them and will be putting them together and creating a wall hanging out of them.
I will be making a grand total of 13 sets with these same pictures and 3 blocks.. some will be hung across... others will hang down in a line. These will then be given to her 13 Great Grandchildren. I have a total of 6 sets using pictures of both my grandmother and grandfather to make for her 6 Grandchildren. And 2 sets using pics of both as well as a couple other family pics for her two surviving children.
I had hoped to get them all done for this Christmas but as this is just the first set and I only have 1 1/2 months to go I don't see me getting them all done... however I am endeavouring to get half of them completed for Christmas and finishing up the other half after Christmas and sending out the ones that need to mailed to other provinces in the New Year.

6 comments:

  1. What a huge undertaking, Lorrie! It is really a wonderful idea and I'm sure the grandchildren will cherish them. The ones you have embellished are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ambitious, Laurie! But what a lovely gesture, and great work as always!! Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, but what a wonderful idea. I'm sure that all the recipients will love your work and appreciate their gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow lorrie these r so awesome and a great memory

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are beautiful Lorrie
    love n hugs Bear xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorrie,
    These are beautiful. What a wonderful tribute. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete