Wednesday, December 29, 2010

THREE Round Robin blocks

Now that Christmas is over it was time to get caught up on the RR blocks I've had sitting waiting for me all month long! First one is Helina's Autumn block which I did very simply. Hard to be creative when at that time of the year I've a busy bee with the harvest and canning for the winter food storage. I did however have to put on a mushroom button as she'd mentioned in her note that she loved mushrooms and I just knew the leaf beads had to go on hear too. The beaded seam are from the same item. A beaded tie back from the Dollarama! It's not all pricey in this hobby :)
I then got right to work on the one that inspired me the most. SUMMER!!!! At the time I was thinking is was a spring but summer is when I do most of my gardening.. I was thinking sunny days, butterflies, flowers and playing in the dirt. I had such fun with this block! This is thw work I did on Cathy's block:
Lastly we come to Colleen's Spring is Sprung. I went mostly with flowers and then a couple butterflies alighted near the flowers. I stayed within the colour theme of the block. And now to get those Winter RR blocks sewn together! There's always another project just sitting waiting to be completed. :)


1 comment: