Monday, August 22, 2011

Meg's Winter RR block

It has been some time since I posted and I know I've missed a few pictures of blocks but I will endeavour at a later date to figure out which ones are missing an post them then.
Today I have Meg finished Winter RR block. It took some doing to get it done and spent a fair amount of time deciding on what to do... I guess the thought of Winter just in't appeal to me.. especially as we haven't had much of a Summer this year... it's raining today again!
I went with using the white patch as ground covered in snow and then added a trim to give it some interest and added buttons and made 2 snowmen. I added a little trim to give each a scarf.
I then added a couple buttons to the woolly centre as well as a trim at the top to look like a fur collar.
I then covered the rest in all different snowflakes. I think the final result is quite Wintery. It did give me back the bug to work on my CQing RR blocks so I got started on another last nite.. with luck I will finish it tonite so it can be mailed out this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment